Sunday, August 21, 2011

Stretching my Creative wings

 I've decided I need to be braver, bolder.  I wrote down a quote on an index card and carry it around with me.  "Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."  I take it out every once in awhile to remind myself to be bold and to be aware of the magic in everyday.  Sometimes it even works, haha!
I am getting more involved in doing what is that I love to do, being creative, making art, getting my hands dirty, loosing myself for hours in a blob of clay and being utterly satisfied.
I'd like to share my experiences with you.  Listen if you'd like, don't if you are not interested, that's OK too.  Maybe we can help each other along the way.


My most recent bold move (my bold may not be your bold, I am working on it) is to sign up for a great swap with other amazing artists at www.creatingthehive.com
http://creatingthehive.com/blog-post/139789/second-anual-vintage-halloween-card-creative-challenge
We each picked a public domain vintage Halloween card as inspiration for a 3 dimensional art object, which we will swap with another artist.  I was  so excited to get started. I have the hollow form made already!  (He's going to light up...ssshhh)  Below is the card I am using for inspiration.

I thought it was really cute and had some really cute ideas about the really cute face and the really cute jack o lantern and it was all going to be really cute,  when my oldest son said "that's kind of creepy".  I hadn't seen it before! He is kind of Creepy in a Twilght Zone, "I'm Talky Tina and you'd better be nice to me" sort of  way.
I'll post pics as I go......

No comments:

Post a Comment